The "Employees Provident Fund Organisation (Abbreviated as EPFO)" is an organisation tasked to assist the central board of trustees. Employees Provident Fund is a statutory body established by the Employees Provident and Miscellaneous Act, 1952 under the Administration control of the "Ministry of Labour and Employment and Government of India (GOI)".
EPFO assists the Central Board in administering a compulsory contributory Provident Fund Scheme, a Pension Scheme and an Insurance Scheme for the workforce engaged in the organised sector in India. It is also the nodal agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries on a reciprocal basis. The schemes cover Indian workers as well as International workers (for countries with which bilateral agreements have been signed. As of now 19 Social Security Agreements are operational).The EPFO's apex decision making body is the Central Board of Trustees (CBT).
On 1 October 2014, the government of India launched Universal Account Number for Employees covered by EPFO to enable PF number portability.
The Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 came into effect on 4 March 1952. Six industries namely 1.Cement 2. Cigarettes 3.Electrical, mechanical or general engineering products 4.Iron and Steel 5. Paper 6. Textiles (made wholly or in part of cotton, wool or jute or silk, whether natural or artificial) came under implementation of the Act w.e.f 1, November 1952. The organisation is administered by a Central Board of Trustees, composed of representatives of the Government of India, State governments, Employers and Employees. The board is chaired by the Union Labour Minister of India. The Chief Executive of the EPFO, the Central Provident Fund Commissioner, reports to the Union Labour Minister through the Secretary of Labour and Employment in the ministry. The headquarters of the organisation is in New Delhi.
The Constitution of India under "Directive Principles of State Policy" provides that the State shall within the limits of its economic capacity make effective provision for securing the right to work, to education and to public assistance in cases of unemployment, old-age, sickness & disablement and undeserved want. The EPF & MP Act, 1952 was enacted by the Parliament of India and came into force with effect from 4 March 1952 as part of a series of legislative interventions made in this direction. Presently, the following three schemes are in operation under the Act:
|S.No||Name of the Scheme|
|1||Employees Provident Fund Scheme, 1952|
|2||Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976|
|3||Employees Pension Scheme, 1995 (Replacing the employees family pension scheme, 1971)|
Universal Account Number (UAN):
- The Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12-digit number allotted to employees who are contributing to EPF. It will be generated for each of the PF member by EPFO. The UAN will act as an umbrella for the multiple Member Ids allotted to an individual by different establishments and also remains same through the lifetime of an employee. It does not change with the change in jobs. The idea is to link multiple Member Identification Numbers (Member Id) allotted to a single member under single Universal Account Number. This will help the member to view details of all the Member Identification Numbers (Member Id) linked to it.
- The major benefit of UAN or Universal Account Number will include easy tagging of multiple Employee's Provident Fund Member Id under a single number, thus reducing the confusion. The UAN will help in easy transfer and withdrawals of claims. Along with this services like Online Pass-Book, SMS Services on each deposit of contribution and Online KYC Update can be provided on the basis of UAN number. One can transfer balance from one EPF to his/her another EPF account with the help of UAN.
- There are new UAN portal start to check your EPF balance and nowadays all the details like how to check UAN status, download UAN EPF passbook, check EPF balance, provident fund claim and many more facility provided by new UAN portal.
- EPFO has now started to provide the refund of Administrative charges if all the KYC details are updated for all employees. This incentive program is announced for the Year 2016-2017.
- The member who is unable to withdraw PF for any reason can withdraw without consent of employer. They can submit FORM 19 for EPF (Employees Provident Fund) and FORM 10C for EPS (Employees’ Pension Scheme) with any of the following officials attestation to EPFO office in which their EPF account is maintained.
- Universal Account Number or UAN provided by EPFO is mainly used to track PF balance and PF claim status. Then, you have to activate this by visiting nearest EPFO office. Otherwise you will not be able to track your PF status and balance without UAN activation.
PF Forms JAYDUL:
Name of the PF Form
|Form 1 Para 27||Exemption from Operation of the Scheme|
|Form 2 Para 33 and 61(1)||Nomination and Declaration Form for Un exempted/Exempted Establishment |
|Form 3 Paras 35 & 42||Contribution cards for unexempted establishments|
|Form 4 Para 35 & 42||Contribution card for employees other than monthly paid employees|
|Form 11 Para 34||Declaration by a person taking up employment in organisation with EPF|
|Form 20||Form for claiming PF of a minor/deceased member|
|Form 19 Para 72(5)||Form for Claiming PF Dues|
|Form 31||Application for Advance|
|Form 10C||PF withdrawal form for Old citizens-Pension Scheme|
|Form 10D||Fund pension scheme Application form|
|Common registration for EPFO and ESIC on Shram Suvidha Portal|
Online Services Provided by EPFO for Employers:
|Online Registration of the Establishment||Member Passbook|
|Online ECR / Challahn Submission / OTCP||Member UAN / Online Service (OCS/OTCP)|
|EPFiGMS ( Register your Grievance )||OCS / UMANG / - FAQs / Eligibility|
|For Principle Employers||Know Your Claim status|
|Ptradhan Mantri Rojgar Prostahan Yojana||EPFiGMS ( Register your Grievance )|
|TRRN Query Search||Fillable Application form for COC|
|Establishment Search||Pensioners Portal|
|Establishment Search for Jammu & Kashmir||One Employee - One EPF Account|
1. To register your establishment click on https://www.epfindia.gov.in
2. To login Employer portal, UAN Creations, Challahn Generation, ECR Payments and etc.,
click on https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in
3. To Activate your UAN Number, Employee UAN login, Modification of Basic Details, EKYC Details, Online claims
(Form31, Form 19&10C), Online transfer and etc.,
Click on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
4. To know your claim status and to View/download Member Passbook click on https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook
5. For Pensioners Portal click on https://mis.epfindia.gov.in/PensionPaymentEnquiry